DON'T MISS A NEW LISTING AGAIN!
FREE AUTOMATED EMAIL UPDATES
1. Water leaks. Look for stains on ceilings and near the baseboards, especially in basements or attics.
2. Shifting foundations. Look for large cracks along the home's foundation.
3. Drainage. Look for standing water, either around the foundation of the home of in the yard.
4. Termites or other pest problems. Look for weakened or grooved wood, especially near ground level.
5. Worn roofs. Look for broken or missing copings and buckled shingles as well as water spots on ceilings. T-lock shingles as well.
6. Inadequate wiring. Look for antiquated fuse boxes, extension cords (indicating insufficient outlets), and outlets without a place to plug in the grounding prong.
7. Plumbing problems. Very low water pressure, banging in pipes.
8. Sidewalks and streets that look like roller-coasters. New concrete, curbs, gutters, driveways, and sidewalks. These are all signs of soil problems.
9. Swelling soils, shifting granite, and underground mines. We have maps for you to look at to give you a better understanding of the soils in the Colorado Springs area.
Please note. This list does not replace a home inspector. The services provided by a reliable home inspector are more than worth the fees they charge.