Hold a yard sale to reduce the clutter in your home and get rid of items you don't want to move.
1. Check with your city government to see if you need a permit or license. Colorado Springs does require a yard sale permit.
2. See if neighbors want to participate and have a "block" sale to attract more visitors.
3. Advertise. Put an ad in criagslist, and put up signs and balloons at major intersections and in stores near your home.
4. Price items ahead and attach prices with removable stickers or put the items in price piles. Remember, yard sales are supposed to be bargains, so don't try to sell anything of significant value this way.
5. Check items before the sale to be sure you haven't including something you want by mistake.
6. Keep pets away from the sale.
7. Display everything neatly and individually so customers don't have to dig through boxes.
8. Have an electrical outlet or extension cord so buyers can test appliances.
9. Have plenty of bags and newspaper for wrapping fragile items.
10. Get enough change, and keep a close eye on your cash. Keep it in a location where nobody should be or behind a table or other barrier.
11. Ask your Colorado Springs REALTOR® to host and advertise the sale. This is a great advertising opportunity for them as well.
DON'T MISS A NEW LISTING AGAIN!
FREE AUTOMATED EMAIL UPDATES